The Handprint List
McKella’s Handprint List
I call it this because it’s who I am, what I hope to become, and the mark I want to leave on the world.
Travel: I’d like my travel to be a combination of study, volunteering, research, work and tourism. Vacations are fun, but I want to learn and contribute also, and not just with my money to the tourism industry.
- India (Taj Majal, Jaisalmer Fort, etc. I’d love to volunteer here.)
- Japan (Climb Mt. Fuji, take in Tokyo)
- Thailand (Ride an elephant, Wat Phra Keo, Ayutthaya)
- Cambodia (Angor Wat)
- Nepal (I’d love to volunteer here too.)
- China (been there, I’d love to go back. It’s a huge country, lots more to do!)
- Do a family history tour through England, Ireland, and Denmark
- Italy (Rome, Venice Biennalle, Venice, eat some real Italian food)
- The Vatican
- Greece (see the old ampitheatres, study ancient art, Santorini)
- Turkey (Nemrut Dag, the Blue Mosque)
- Samarkand, Uzebekistan (This one’s flexible. Mostly I love Middle Eastern architecture, and this place looks incredible)
- Tanzania (Ngorongoro Crater, Zanzibar)
- France (Monet’s Gardens, study art)
- Scotland (Edinburgh Castle)
- Eastern Europe (Romania, Ukraine, Etc.) A few years ago I looked at teaching English in the orphanages, and I’d still love to.
- Galapagos Islands to see wildlife up close.
- Egypt (Temple of Karnak, Valley of the Kings, Pyramids, ride a camel,
- Peru (Hike to Macchu Picchu)
- Mexico (Improve my Spanish, visit ancient ruins)
- Australia (Snorkel in the Great Barrier Reef, Uluru)
- Ireland (Family history)
- Denmark (also family history)
- England (Stonehenge, more family history, take in London)
26. Road trip across America (On a bike if I want to get really brave)
27. New England during the fall, especially Salem to learn about the witch trials.
28. Visit the Sacred Grove
29. New York (Been there, but I’d love to go back for the art. And the food. Mmm, the food.)
30. Washinton DC, to learn about our county’s history.
31. Visit Native American pueblos
32. Visit the Muppet stuff in the Center for Puppetry Arts in Atlanta, Georgia.
33. Hike the Grand Canyon
34. Visit Zion National Park
35. Earn a Bachelor’s Degree
37. Learn to belly dance
38. Learn to surf
39. Improve my piano playing
40. Improve my singing
41. Sewing (enough to actually alter and design my own clothes)
43. Bookmaking as an art form
44. Study abroad
46. Learn a martial art
47. Learn to place Linus and Lucy in full
48. Make my own ravioli
49. Learn to meditate
50. Study psychology
51. Skip rocks
52. Learn modern dance
53. Publish novels.
54. Publish at least one non-fiction book
55. Make a living doing what I love
56. Write and publish a children’s book
57. Create a whole body of art work and have a gallery show, even a private one.
58. Sell a piece of art
59. Change a tire all by myself
60. Try African dance
61. Name a star
62. See the Spiral Jetty
63. See Halley’s Comet
64. See the northern lights
65. Touch a whale
66. See a whale in the wild
67. Pet a tiger
68. Learn to live simply
69. Skinny dip
70. Make a two-headed snowman, Calvin and Hobbes style
71. Swim with dolphins
72. Volunteer in an animal shelter
73. Volunteer to help abused women and children
74. Donate a holiday, the time and money I would have spent.
75. Plant a tree
76. Try bikram yoga
77. Reach my natural ideal weight through intuitive eating and enjoyable movement.
78. Eat at a raw vegan restaurant, just to try.
79. Run a half-marathon
80. Run a race for charity
81. Master an arm balance
82. Do a headstand
83. Go rock climbing
84. Ride in a hot air balloon
85. Live by the ocean
86. Go sailing
87. Grow something edible
88. Do the splits
89. Sing in a rock band
90. Try fencing
91. Watch a meteor shower
92. Write, compose and perform a song
90. Get married in the Temple
93. Become a mother
94. At least try natural childbirth…this is a big maybe, I don’t know, I don’t know.
95. Research my geneology
96. Do temple work for my family members
97. Conquer my depression and anxiety
98. Learn to truly manage stress
99. Conquer fear (driving, being away from my family, offending people, etc.)
100. Learn to be happy no matter what my circumstance
101. Age gracefully. None of this wrinkle fighting or hair-dyeing stuff.
102. Finally, make an amazing scrapbook of all this
103. Go on a mission with Sam
104. Study all the standard work
105. Attend a temple session in a foreign country
106. Meet the Prophet
107. Take the gospel with me wherever I go. Set an example of love for everyone.