23 Lessons in 23 Years
At 11:30 tomorrow night, I will turn 23. I’m pretty stoked about it and I have a fun day planned involving tigers, an art museum and sushi.
I thought I’d share with you 23 gems of wisdom I’ve gleaned from the last 23 years, lessons I’ve learned that have made an impact in my life.
Without further ado:
- Gratitude is key to happiness
- Stay connected to your creative spirit, and you’ll never feel uninspired
- Never ever neglect self-care
- Stand up for yourself. You deserve it.
- If it doesn’t taste good, add either more cheese or more chocolate.
- My body knows what I need. Listen to it.
- Depression is a sign that something needs to change.
- Trials lead to learning, which leads to meaning, which leads to joy.
- Know my priorities, and align my life with them.
- It’s ok to change my mind. Six times. In one hour.
- If I tell myself I can’t, I can’t. If I tell myself I can, I can.
- Know thy limits. Respect them.
- Happiness is a mindset, not a situation.
- Assume the best of everyone. Even if you’re wrong, you’ll feel good about it.
- Seasons of life come and go. Enjoy them.
- Always ask “why?”
- Make time for fun.
- Food doesn’t solve problems, it only solves hunger.
- Don’t let one bad day become two.
- Make time for stillness, to make sense of everything and carry that feeling.
- Bar Keeper’s Friend is the best cleaner in the world.
- Know thyself.
- Life is beautiful.