20 Ways to be Creative Today
Exercising your creativity, even on the busiest days, is like multivitamins for your soul! Here’s a few tips for working more creative fun into your day:
- Do a few pages of freewriting in the morning. Anything in your head, just write it out.
- Carry a camera, and take pictures of things that look interesting. That leaf on the sidewalk. That cloud that looks like a puffy T-Rex. Your shadow on the wall.
- Wear a color that expresses your mood.
- Make a face out of the leftovers on your plate.
- Add something new to your salad or sandwich.
- Pay attention to what inspires you.
- Carry a little notebook or sketchbook to capture ideas and thoughts.
- Ask yourself “what if?” at least three times. Not “what if” in a stressy way, but “what if” so you can imagine the possibilities.
- Do something differently.
- Sing in the shower. Bonus if you make up your own song.
- Dance to your favorite song. Feel the music in your body and move with it.
- Think of a different solution to a problem.
- Daydream. What would you do if you could do anything?
- Change the rules.
- Play with a child. If you don’t have kids and can’t borrow any, build yourself a fort out of blankets, or read yourself a story.
- Take a walk and notice things.
- Read. Stop and think about what you read. Then keep reading.
- Invent a new word.
- Know that you are creative.