10 Ways to Cultivate and Nurture Creativity
How are you all doing this fine Friday? I’ve got a busy weekend ahead of me, involving lots of painting and cookie baking. The holidays, as much as we love them, can get kind of stressful. When we’re stressed out, sometimes the first thing to go is the space we need to be creative. Here are 10 tips for taking care of your creative self:
- Carry a notebook or sketchbook to record ideas.
- Pay attention to what inspires you, and don’t judge it. Follow the things that draw you in.
- Give yourself time and space to think.
- Be gentle with yourself. Don’t say or think bad things about yourself or your creativity.
- Honor your ideas. Don’t discard them until you’ve given them some thought.
- Slow down, take time to notice. Notice the things and people around you, how things make you feel, changes and cycles both in the world and your own soul.
- Do things that fill you up whether it’s reading, taking walks, watching good movies, or playing with animals.
- Find out what is the most fun for you, and do it as much as you can. This is something that brings you real joy and fulfillment, not just zoning out in front of the TV. Choose conscious fun.
- Spend time with people who support you.
- Know what’s important to you.