Valentine’s Day: What I Love about my Best Friend
As far as I know, my husband Sam doesn’t usually read my blog, but maybe he will today. I debated about what to write for a special Valentine’s Day post, and I remembered that day years ago when I came home to find a typed list taped to the apartment door of things Sam loves about me.
Since I don’t get along with our printer very well, I’m going to make him a list here, and feel free to comment about what you love about your significant other as well!
- I love that he makes jokes and ends up cracking himself up. It’s hilarious when he makes himself laugh.
- If I have a craving at work, all I have to do is text him and I’ll have a treat on my desk within 30 minutes. This is a nifty “magic trick” that really impresses the other girls at work.
- He lets me have a cat even though he hates having a litter box in the bathroom and a layer of cat hair on everything we own.
- He loves to watch Jim Henson shows with me.
- He gets my weirdo sense of humor.
- He’s always up for an adventure, even when I’m not.
- He makes sure that I loosen up and have fun when I’m so wrapped up in my responsibilities that I forget to breathe.
- He’ll make grocery runs or start dinner so I can come straight home after work and have dinner ready.
- I get a massage whenever I want one.
- He ALWAYS opens my door.
- If we share a dessert or appetizer, he always gives me the last bite.
- He balances my panicky tendencies with his “go with the flow” attitude.
- He never fails to make me laugh.
- He’s the most generous person I know.
- When I want to throw my computer out the window, he’s always there to fix it.
- He always drives so I don’t have to. I don’t really like to drive.
- We met when I was 15, and he saw through the awkwardness and shyness. We’ve been best friends ever since 🙂
I hope that wasn’t nauseating for anyone.
Tell your significant other what you love about them today. If you’re single, tell the mirror. 🙂
Happy Valentine’s Day!